Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Early Birthday Presents

We celebrated my birthday early last weekend, and I received some new cookbooks from my husband. I had been lamenting the fact that low carb vegetarian recipes were hard to find, so he found some for me!

The New Glucose Revolution : Low GI Vegetarian Cookbook and Carb Conscious Vegetarian

(Don't worry - I also received a morning at the spa for a massage and a spa mani/pedi, and a shopping trip and a dinner out to PF Changs, so don't think he only gave me cookbooks for "healthy"food for my b'day!)

The Low GI Vegetarian Cookbook has beautiful pictures of the food (which I love) and the first chapter is all about how to eat a healthy vegetarian diet, why lower GI foods are better for you, and even gives menu plans for vegetarian and vegan adults, teens, and children. The recipes look delicious in both books. I can't wait to try them out!

Thank you Scott, Emma, and Abby for a great early birthday!!

No comments: