Thursday, July 10, 2008

We'll miss you!

So my number one Taste Tester left this week for his deployment. He won't be gone too long - only a fraction of what many other soldiers have to spend over there. But he'll still be gone from our home - so we're pretty sad.

Luckily, we have a busy week ahead of us (which we're halfway done with), and then we'll be going to Houston to visit our family and friends for almost a month! So the girls will have 2 sets of grandparents, a great-grandma, an aunt, some uncles, cousins, a great aunt and uncle, and many friends to love on them while we're there, and I'll have a nice break from being a temporarily single mom. We'll also have a few side trips from Houston, like a trip to Harker Heights to see my old friends, a trip with my family to Galveston, and a solo trip to Austin to have a fun girls weekend with my BFF's! It will be a busy month - we'll be well distracted!

I'll be saving my Daring Bakers challenge for Houston - I think my dad will enjoy making it with me. So stay tuned for that!

In the meantime, here are some pics from the past month:


No comments: